Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Servo Ornithoper June 2018

I made a Wing module for my HeeksCAM software, to allow me to specify a wing with leading edge shape, trailing edge shape\, root profile, tip profile, angle graph and vaious parameters.



I wrote a function which allows me to print out the sections of the wing, flattened out with a 2mm border.

I traced these through pieces of ripstop nylon, cut them out and sewed them together with a sewing machine. I sewed on pockets for battens, which I originally thought would be 1mm carbon fiber rod.
The carbon fiber rod wouldn't bend to the tight front part of the wing section shape, so I 3D printed some 1mm thick, 2mm across, PLA battens.








I still need to do a little sewing by hand to hold the battens in, and to tie the front of the middle of the wing to the fuselage. Then I shall be waiting for dry weather for flight tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment